The Adults 50 & Better ministry offers opportunities of encouragement for senior adults to participate in activities designed to continue their spiritual, mental, and emotional growth. The ministry also allows seniors to fellowship with one another both inside and outside of LifeBridge by reaching out to those on the fringe of the life of the church, and serve the Lord by caring for and serving others within the church and the community. Today’s seniors are vibrant and engaged and bring a lifetime of experiences. They intentionally seize the day to make a difference in the world for Christ.
A Night of Music and Comedy With Mark Lowery Lives
Mark is the baritone singer for the Grammy-award-winning Gaither Vocal Band and serves as the sidesplitting comedic sidekick for Bill Gaither through live concert tours and the best-selling Gaither Homecoming video series and television airings.
- Touching Lives
Our Touching Lives ministry provides outreach to our elderly residents living in facilities. We offer a weekly non-denominational worship service for residents to enjoy the spirit of joy and praise through music and a message. Our volunteer visitation team visits with residents in their room to build a relationship built on friendship and kindness. It is our goal to remind each person that God has not forgotten them and will never forsake them. We always welcome volunteers, so please contact us if you’re interested.
- The Luncheon
Join us for monthly luncheon from September through May as we gather for a special presentation and lunch among friends. Tickets are $7 and are available by calling the church office.
- The Gathering
Join us for a quarterly event to enjoy dinner, fellowship and entertainment from September through April.
- Bike Rides
Enjoy great fellowship and exercise in the beautiful Colorado outdoors. All rides start at 8 am.
- Tuesday Rides
- July 18 – Meet at the east end of Sandstone Ranch and ride the trails of east Longmont.
- July 25 – Explore the next section of the Poudre Trail by meeting at the Kodak Wildlife Management area on Colo. Highway 257 just south of Windsor and ride east along the river.
- Saturday Rides – More Challenging
- July 22 – Meet at the Stazio ballfields on Valmont Road in Boulder and ride to south Boulder and then to NCAR.
- July 29 – City Park in Mead to Berthoud riding the longer route through southern Loveland.
- Widows Support Group
- A monthly grief support group that provides comfort and encouragement for widows who are grieving loss. This group follows an open format where participants may come and go based on their needs.
- Fourth Tuesday of each month, 10 am
- Home of Trudy Ravesloot, 1149 Purdue Drive
- Information: 303-868-6544 or 303-776-2927, ext. 278
- Widowers Support Group
6:30-8:30 pm, Conference Room
Facilitated by Dick Schiffer and Lew Cox
“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning” ~Psalm 30:5 There are many people at LifeBridge who are navigating the journey through the fog of losing a wife. We often hear, “if only I had someone I could talk to; someone who is going through the same journey, or someone who has been there.” In an effort to meet these needs, the Care Ministry has established a support group for widowers. The widower’s support group will meet on the second Thursday of every month beginning July 13. This group will provide fellowship and encouragement, and will follow an open format where participants may come and go based on their needs. If you are interested, please contact Abby Carney or Paul Stetler.
On the first Sunday of the month, fellowship and enjoy a meal together at different restaurants.
- Ongoing Ministries
- Handyman Ministry – Provide care to our elderly and widow community by doing fix-up jobs around the house.
Sunday Drivers – Provide transportation for our seniors, many whom would love to interact and worship with us, but have no way of coming to our services.
His Hands Ministry – The group sews comfort items such as bears, pillows, and turbans for cancer patients. These items are distributed to local cancer centers.
Dorcas Piece Makers – The quilting team makes baby quilts for Life Choices Pregnancy Center, and also craft walker bags and lap robes for several senior citizen living centers.