Balancing all the demands of single parenting is challenging. We desire to equip and encourage single moms so they can:
- Achieve emotional and financial stability.
- Provide and care for their children.
- Model for their children how to overcome and succeed.
- Grow spiritually and develop healthy relationships.
Single Moms’ Group
The Single Moms’ Group meets each Wednesday evening during the school year. During these evenings, eight to 10 women are connected to a mentor where we use a variety of teaching methods and guest speakers to worship and pray together. Instruction and coaching cover topics such as parenting, budgeting, forgiveness, self-esteem, and communication skills.
How Can You Volunteer To Help Single Moms
- Make a Wednesday evening meal with your group (serving 90 moms)
- Make cookies for Wednesday evenings
- Serve in hospitality (set up and clean up for dinner)
- Mentor a child
- Play with kids in child care
- Help with computer check-in for kids on Wednesdays from 5:45 to 6:30 p.m.
- Help fix cars
- Adopt a single parent, mentor him/her and their family
- Buy grocery cards for us to give away
- Volunteer at the Closet by sorting clothes and helping families shop
- Purchase new kids’ jeans and shoes and donate to the Closet