You are a church that continues to step up and help others when it’s needed most. This is what we do! Right now, we’re being asked to help by:
- Praying. Pray for communities affected by the Marshall fire. Pray for families whose worlds are upside down right now. Pray for first responders. Pray for those leading the recovery efforts.
- Be Generous. We have started a fund to help people who reach out with specific needs. We’re also working with local churches in the area to support the efforts they are doing with families in the community.
- Share Opportunities to Help.
- Support CareGivers of Avista Adventist Hospital: Centura Health is asking for donations to support their caregivers who experienced total loss from the Marshall fire. They put together a list of donation items, and where these items can be dropped off.
- Long Term Rent Solutions: If you know of any long-term rental opportunities for families who lost their home, email Chris, a Pastor at Ascent Community Church, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Samaritan’s Purse is running daily volunteer teams at Boulder Valley Christian Church to meet the needs of homeowners. Currently, 226 homes have requested help including content retrieval, chainsaw work, and roof tarping. Volunteer teams are being run Monday through Saturday, and orientation takes place at 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at Boulder Valley Christian Church. Please call 720-492-0516 at least 24 hours in advance to be scheduled to serve. You can read more about the opportunity HERE.
- Stay Tuned. This is a long game. In the coming weeks, there will be more opportunities to give and serve.
As more opportunities unfold, we will keep you updated. Continued prayers for you and our community right now.