This little church, which eventually became First Christian Church, began to grow. In 1894, a building was built in downtown Longmont for their first home.
For 63 years, a little white church on the corner of Sixth and Coffman streets was home to those devoted Christians.
With a heart to serve the community and a desire to reach lost people, First Christian Church once again outgrew its facilities. The leadership began to plan for a larger building.