This little church, which eventually became First Christian Church, began to grow. In 1894, a building was built in downtown Longmont for their first home.
For 63 years, a little white church on the corner of Sixth and Coffman streets was home to those devoted Christians.
With a heart to serve the community and a desire to reach lost people, First Christian Church once again outgrew its facilities. The leadership began to plan for a larger building.
In 1965, a new church building was constructed. Throughout the years, additions and upgrades were made at Sixth and Coffman streets on the land acquired years earlier.
Having grown beyond the city block on Coffman Street, First Christian sought relocation. They moved to their current location on Highway 66 in 1991 as Rick Rusaw joined as Lead Pastor.